As Square Enix announced, the first update to the PC version of “Crono Trigger” is now available. Which improvements in detail are on board, reveals the official change log.
Only shortly after the official Steam release of the role-playing classic “Chrono Trigger”, the people in charge of Square Enix had to put up with some criticism.
So the players criticized, among other things, the size of the texts or the associated text window or the general look of the adventure, which in the opinion of the “Chrono Trigger” fans too far removed from the original. After Square Enix immediately promised improvement, the first update to the PC version is now available.
What improvements in detail are on board, reveals a look at the official change log.
Chrono Trigger: The first PC update in detail
• The character models and the background graphics have been adjusted to more closely resemble the original style of CHRONO TRIGGER. This can be selected in the menu with “Original” and is the new default setting.
• The font has been updated to give the game a more classic style.
• Text that does not match the game on PC has been redesigned, and a large number of other text problems have been resolved.
• The way in which the word “TRIGGER” hovers on the title screen and is displayed has been improved.
• The arrangement of the demo video and the animated opening sequence of the title screen has been adjusted to more closely match the previous versions of the game.
• The color gradient in the background of the text fields has been adjusted and is now darker in the lower area.
According to official information, another update is already in progress that will bring improvements to the user interface.